background

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Liz's Aims

I've been feeling a lot like a teenager lately . . .  strange I know, working with the young women at church I'm constantly surrounded in their lives and such, not to mention being mistaken for one of them (not sure that's a good thing).  Plus I'm reading Catching Fire, have had an acne breakout on my neck(gross), and I'm back to my freshman ok maybe sophomore weight from high school (not complaining or trying on that one).  Did I also mention that my vision keeps improving, I think I'm aging backward or something.

Anyway today we wrote down My List, a list of things also known as goals we want to accomplish.

Mine include:
oh wait Hudson decided it was nap time and tried to get comfortable on me while whimpering and laying a big smacker on my lips and I didn't write anything down but here's what I would have written

  • having at least one more baby
  • running a marathon in 3:30
  • use my free time to serve others
  • get my masters still in nutrition I think
  • hike the Maroon Bells area
  • run the Pikes Peak Assent or the Mt Evans Assent maybe both
  • buy a home with hubs
  • travel the world with hubs
  • 5 year anniversary with hubs in Hawaii
  • pay for someones groceries
  • learn how to play the guitar
  • get a nice camera
  • sew the ideas in my head
  • do a triathlon maybe an Ironman
I told myself I'd go to bed at 10:30 so that's all I'll add for now but I also pulled out my goals from 2007 to compare, here they are:
  • bring out the best in everyone, focus on the good for life
  • maintain a positive, optomistic, & hope filled attitude and life
  • study my scriptures and pray daily for the rest of my life
  • learn Greek
  • share Christ's gospel always
2007
  •  be a steady stable 125
  • run a 10K
  • act like a daughter of God a Queen in attitude and deed
  • offer service daily
  • conduct a personal study on covenants in The Book of Mormon
  • read Jesus the Christ
  • have a schedule
2008
  • graduate with my BS
  • run a marathon
  • straight A's (oops)
  • run Pikes Peak Assent
  • move far away, do internship for government or UN
  • travel to Italy, Sweden, and England
  • get married in the temple for eternity
2009
  • masters program in Salt Lake (nutrition) which thanks to our now friend I could never get my last pre req but hey it worked for the best see this post
  • buy chocolate lab
  • buy home
  • go snowboarding weekly in winter

Anyway for the most part I feel like I'm doing pretty great, a lot of my goals aren't ones I can ever really cross off because they are life time objectives but it is fun to have ones to cross off, now I need to find my goals from high school, I know I have them somewhere, that should provide some entertainment, I know even though I was super boy crazy it included getting married at 25 which I could have if I wanted to but it was finals so I got married 3 days after my 26th birthday, not bad right?


3 comments:

  1. Cool! I'm working on a Bucket like right now! It's fun to see what you wrote :) Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love making life goal lists! and wow, you must be quite the runner to have a marathon goal of 3:30...you can do it!!

    ps: cute blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing you goals. You are so inspiring, I ought to make some new goals too :)

    ReplyDelete