background

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My end of winter thoughts








Once when I was a little kid I was walking to school with an edgy cool kid.  I thought I was pretty cool and so I said some comment making fun of another kid, I was trying to be cool.  This kid then said my head was shaped like a peanut and thus followed years of me being insecure about my peanut shaped head.  In college I learned that women's cheeks thin out as they age (the things you learn in college).  I was excited for this yet skeptical.  I had by that time gotten over my peanut shaped head complex.  The other day I looked in the mirror and realized what happened to my cheeks?  They are gone.  So if you are under the age of 25 and have a peanut shaped head, there is hope for you!  Hope I made someone's day out there.

My other thoughts as of late.  What do you wear this time of year?  Especially pregnant.  I'm dying to move into spring but it's still pretty cold even if 35* feels like 50* these days.  I waffle between plaids. vest, and sweaters and bright colors.  I know some people will think I'm crazy but due to wearing my brothers hand-me-downs till I was 16 I have kind of a complex that forces me to always be dressed perfect unless I'm adventuring then I feel like I'm in disguise and no one can see me so I wear whatever I want.  So buy your daughters cute clothes in moderation and they won't be overly concerned with what they are wearing right?

You know what totally might ruin my year?  Due to the cherry shortage last summer there are no dried cherries at Costco!  Saying I LOVE cherries would be an understatement and since I can't even get the little danties most of the year how am I supposed to survive without dried ones:-0?

Lastly and mainly so you don't think I think about shallow things all the time, I was thinking about my personal guardian angels in this life.  You know the people who are always sent to you at the right time and right place and it means just what you needed.  Some of them are very far away but just seeing their faces on instagram gives me a sense of peace and love.  Thank heavens for those guardian angels I mights still be meandering without mine!

4 comments:

  1. Do you like bottled cherries? If you come visit me I'll give you 23 bottles I canned last summer - Rainier and Bing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lucky lady, I don't know if I've ever tried them but I'd be willing! Sounds like a fun trip too!

      Delete
  2. cute! so i have to admit: i am totally self-concious about my chubby cheeks. i hate pictures of my face because i look chubs :)

    i've gone through so many style fazes that i don't even know how to dress myself properly anymore. i need your help! but then i don't want to spend money... never ending cycle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brooke you do not have chubby cheeks, and you are always cute, I don't know how to dress myself either we should save up and go to Denver or something!

      Delete