background

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Last Saturday in Denver

Denver, CO Temple
Molly Brown Home
Captain Hudson
The Organic Pizza Co, not our pizzas
Street festival that you know you wished you stopped at
Godiva Cheesecake, 16th St Mall
My favorite statue, sorry about the angle

Since my dear sweet son was moaning from 4am, I finally got up at 5am and tried to see what was wrong with him, first he was soaking wet, I changed him and put him down for a second to which he marched to the fridge and got some food, now we are awake and I'm tired, perfect time to blog. (Will I ever sleep again?)

Anyway this was our last weekend, uh oh I'm turning into one of those bloggers, you know the one that posts Easter Posts on Halloween, I hate that by the way, I like to relish in the current season.

So we went to the Denver Temple which I love doing.  It's the temple I grew up with, and Denver is pretty fantastic, minus traffic, especially now that I like in a one main street town, where we drive 25 miles an hour down the road, and traffic is having to stop at the stop light.

It was Smithsonian free museum day, we had planned to stop at the Botanical Gardens and the Molly Brown home, but Huds tired out too quick.  So we just went to Molly's house.  Maybe you've heard of the Unsinkable Molly Brown?  She survived the Titanic.  Anyway, she did all kinds of amazing things for women's rights, child labor laws, and getting enough, life jackets, flotation devices, etc on boats and planes for everyone.  It was interesting.

Next the boys were hungry so we got some pizza at The Organic Pizza Co, actually we got the people behind us pizzas.  We didn't know this, we just thought they messed up our order and tried to be nice and eat them anyways.  Then they brought our pizzas to the people behind us, but they were not so nice, so we ended up with our pizzas and their pizzas.  Ours were much better, we got The Herbivore, which is a vegetarian obviously pizza with alfredo sauce and The Charity which was like a BBQ chicken with fresh pineapple.  I may have made pizza last night with fresh pineapple it was that good.

Across the st from dinner was a festival where we got free camera booth shots ( I love those!) and entertainment such as street dancers.  We walked a couple blocks to the 16th St Mall and got some Godiva Cheesecake, oogled and awed at the street performers and art and hopped in our car for the 3 hour drive home.

Such a great Saturday with my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment