background

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Osage Gardens

Crossing the Irrigation Ditch to get to the Colorado River
trying yummy flowers that only grow under stress cool right
our pumpkin
Huds really likes eating pumpkin, did you read my last post?
Huds first walking stick
the owner (holding Hudson) of Osage Gardens gave us a tour, turns out Huds also loves raw basil and her daughter helped me find the race course when I got lost a couple weeks ago
Huds likes chickens too
The Patch
Candid Shot
Huds loved the wagon too
I think these dead sunflowers look cool, TJ thinks I'm weird


We decided to try out a pumpkin patch in New Castle on Saturday at Osage Gardens, it's an organic farm in the area that mainly specializes in herbs.  I had met the daughter, Molly of the owner a couple weeks ago at my race she is a fine citizen who just returned from the peace corps and headed to work in DC for the agriculture department, kind of my dream job, well telling people what to eat is.  Anyway I was way ahead of her in the race till I got lost and looped around twice and then she was the guiding light to get me back on course, we ran together for a while till I was motivated to retake my lead.  Anyway we had talked before the race and just so happens they have a pumpkin patch and we just so happened to decide to go pick a pumpkin this weekend, it was a great experience and we learned about plants that only flower under less than ideal circumstances (kind of like people right?) and than ate them, we also learned about organic farming and that Hudson loves fresh basil.  We might have to keep more of that around for him so he gets his greens!

1 comment: