background

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

More midnight rantings!

So it's not quite midnight but close enough! I spent all day Tuesday trying to figure out how in the world to go about finding a bassinet mattress. First I went to Hancock fabric where a deathly ill woman bless her soul tried to help me, she must have not noticed the 10 ft distance I kept from her, all they had was a piece of foam that was too small yet she kept trying to sell other stuff to me and hacking. I went to Joanne's again and they had foam for $30 a yard, really, Walmart and Kmart almost got me to buy a foam bed mat to cut up but it just didn't feel right. So after some R&R trying on Tom's at the mall I finally decided to check Babies R Us, I had checked online with no luck, but walah there it was and for $20!

I resisted the temptation to buy Tom's, but when I came home TJ said he would pay me to do his homework, I tried to negotiate with some Tom's and he ended up doing his homework. Is that aloud spouses doing homework? Confession Time: Once when we were first married I stayed home from work to do his math homework, really math just sounded more exciting than work, but don't worry since then I just support!

My thoughts today mainly centered on, I have no idea who this little person living in my tummy is and I don't think I really fully believe he is coming. I think about my needs so much will it be possible for me to think about this little guys needs all the time and push mine aside. Normally I do whatever I want whenever I want but things are going to change, most of me really wanted this but there is this Independent streak that thinks goodbye spontaneous Liz.

I'm 38 weeks today, I should have taken a picture, I wore my uniform dress to my friend Heather's wedding, randomly I met her husband before her, and then her and I became good friends and they found each other and now they are both in a wonderful relationship together hoorah!!! It makes me so happy, they are so good for each other!

So 38 weeks, I felt some twinges of pain at work today for about 1 1/2 hours, my coworker was convinced I was going into labor, but they stopped and the baby is still in! Maybe he'll be here for fathers day, my presents for TJ are kind of practical and lame, but who can top that a baby??? At my appointment yesterday he measured right on. My Dr was impressed with my fitness level, I popped right up after he listened and measured Hudson without any help. He said everything looks great except I have group B strep, I'm not sure I should share that but I guess it's just a colony of bacteria that grows commonly in people but is dangerous to babies, before I thought it was like an STD or something, and was in shock when he told me I had it,(OK I knew it wasn't an STD but really I didn't think a monogamous person would have it). So I have to get an IV, I HATE IV'S, and my Dr asked me if I was allergic to Penicillin, I had no idea so I called my mom and she said I have never had it because I had some reaction to egg whites so they wouldn't give me penicillin. I eat eggs all the time now so I have no idea what is going on here.

The Bump: Hudson is squished his bottom is up to my ribs and he guards his space well if I rest my hands he always kicks back. This morning at work he was churning my stomach with his legs, I wanted to vomit. He is getting really strong! I still can't tell if I get Braxton Hicks because my stomach is hard all the time! He is still dropped and dropping more and more. My blood pressure was little higher this week which stressed me out but the Dr said it's lower than most peoples and still in the healthy range. I attribute this to my new sweet tooth and lack of sleep as I can't go to sleep with anything out of place, nesting I guess. I also found that there is a 10 pound difference from the scale at work and the scale at my Drs office, so I have only gained 35 pounds, which makes sense, since I started weighing myself on the scale at work, which funny enough sits right by my desk. So a couple months ago I started to inform everyone it was 10 pounds off, which made most people stressed, finally it has been confirmed that the scale at work is correct by many other people who weigh them selves regularly and even athletes who always have to know their exact weight. What is my Dr's scale doing to pregnant women so rude!!!

Cravings: Ice cream everyday!!! Fresh fruit! Cheese! Candy! Real healthy I know!
Aversions: Today I ate Chinese Food and didn't get sick! So none that I can think of! I'm not brave enough to try cabbage again.

Clothes: Things are getting tighter, I just rotate through what fits and stretch what is snug. My legs look large so I'm not digging shorts but I still wear them and feel like an Amazon Woman!

Best moment: Hmm, life feels perfect to me when my bed is made, the house is clean, there is fresh fruit to eat and clean cold water to drink, and thanks to Heather, fresh flowers on the table!

Looking forward to: Meeting Hudson!

Missing: The Wasatch Back, really I think I should have run it!!! It starts tomorrow, I could have delivered next to Echo reservoir in the middle of the night and named him Echo, sound better than a bright noisy hospital room right?!

Sleep: I can do it anytime for however long or little!
Contemporary Concepts :: Youngsters :: Blankets, Towels, & Robes :: Aden & Anai
Latest baby buy ok it was more like a splurge, but it was the last thing we needed, so I ordered the Bamboo Swaddlers from Aden + Anais, you might think the original ones are soft, umm touch these!!! I figured since we are set and I am going to hopefully have more future children this was a good buy and I had to have the super cute design of course so I ordered the last ones from this store www.contemporaryconcepts.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh Liz, your rants make me smile! =) FYI: Don't stress too much about being group b strep positive. They test for it so they can give you antibiotics when you go into labor. You have to have an IV whether or not you are positive for GBS, it's not going to be a separate one just for the medicine. He'll be here any day now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I love seeing your blog! You two look so happy and with a little one coming so soon! Congrats! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete