background

Friday, June 10, 2011

37 weeks


I've reached the point of denial now, for about two weeks I was ready for him to just be here, now I'm convinced he's never coming and I'm not sure I believe there is a little human in there. Today I went to the Dr he was actually delivering a baby so my nurse practitioner Erin who I LOVE checked me. This might be a little too personal but she has been amazing my OB before her would just go for it relaxed or not and one time I almost kicked her and I never went back, it hurt! After my traumatic old OB Erin helped me relax at my first appointment with her she has the gentlest touch and I completely trust her and am able to relax now, it's a great experience in comparison to my old Dr whom I will not mention so tempted though.
Anyway the bump:
He's dropped really it happened the day I took this picture, the day I turned 37 weeks. Today Erin said I am dilated to a 2 and 50% ephased, I feel good about that! After I went to work and my coworkers well some of them are convinced that he is coming soon! He's still in his pattern of a couple days of wildness and a couple days of sleeping, he a funny kid. I think he just gets excited and wears himself out and then takes it easy for a couple days. He is also engaged in my pelvis to a -2, it starts at -3, and than +1 would mean his head is coming out!
Food:
Cravings- Calcium, one day I had a spinach omlette, a spinach salad with cheese, nachos, almond butter toast, milk, more nachos, a quesadilla, and ice cream, seriously this kid must be growing some solid bones! Besides that fruit and chocolate have been my next favorite!
Aversions- For some reason vegtables haven't been sounding as delish as normal but I still try to pound them and incorporate them in all my meals.
Fashion:
My maternity clothes are feeling a little snug although some of my favorites aren't maternity clothes like this downeast shirt it's the bomb for pregnancy, now that Hudson has dropped my Old Navy maternity jeans cut in a better spot again. My feet always start the day in regular shoes and end up uncomfortable so now I choose sandles or to go with my bigger shoes, for any lady out there who battles which size shoe to buy, when in doubt go up! I always fit in 7 1/2 or 8 and the 8's are great but anything smaller is a lost cause for now!
Best moment:
Snuggling TJ soon we will be 3 and it is exciting but I am trying to soak up as much 2 time before as possible!
Sleep:
I still sleep great, rolling from side to side hurts, my main complaint is I can't get enough sleep and fall asleep pretty much anytime I sit/lay down, at work I often just go lay on a couch for 15 mins and pass out. I have only gotten through my hypnobirthing CD 1X without falling asleep, ever, no matter what time I do it I konk out!
What I miss:
my old clothes, bending has become nearly impossible since Hudson has dropped, the Wasatch Back! Today I had a great run, I started to think maybe I could still run it next week, but I don't think I would feel the same way in the middle of the night running 10 miles, or running up a 45 degree grade.
Looking forward:
Having the house completely in order and being a mom and seeing TJ as a dad!
Symptoms:
A little achy and tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment