background

Monday, June 13, 2011

20 hours

This summer my husband is taking 20 credit hours of school, yikes! All of them are online but one so pretty much all I do these days is watch TJ type and clean the house and think of things to do for our baby and TJ. I've gotten so bored I've started studying his homework so I can help him study. I have a huge list of things to do but after like 2 hours of running errands I just want to hibernate, I draw too much attention, little boys gasp in horror at my belly and grab there mom's, dad's try to guess how far along I am digging themselves in holes as one mad said "wait are you pregnant", me "no I'm just fat" him "you look huge, let me guess 3 weeks away, I mean I can tell you are normally cute and small, not that you aren't cute now, is that your husband he is going to beat me up" (actual conversation at Fresh Market with Mr Budwiser sagging pants himself and now I am only going to Costco and Sunflower market where do these people come from?), and if I try to do something like hike or run I get "oh good for you, glad you are wearing rescue colors", or "look at that ball of sunshine", or "are you trying to get him out", really it's no wonder most pregnant women park it on the couch. With no internet access I get stumped and that letter I needed to look up an address for well that is the last thing I want to do when I finally get my hands on my computer! I should really make this private or have a separate blog for my random rantings, my intentions for this one was mainly cooking and crafts but that hasn't really happened. Although I did make a cute fathers day card tonight I will have to post a picture. And isn't that the point of a journal to get all your mindless rantings and ravings out on so that the rest of the world can think you are perfectly normal. The baby is getting really low and I'm feeling calm except I am worried about his name, I love Hudson but what if it doesn't fit him, his back up name is James, but I feel like I need to reread through every baby name just in case. Ahhh!!!!! What if he comes tonight and we name him Hudson because I was too lazy to reread the baby name book! Then there are all other kinds of decisions like circumcision, I don't want to make that choice for him! It seems like the trend is headed down really quick except for in UT and with good reason because there is no good reason to do it, do I circumcise him to fit in here or not so that he fits in elsewhere, and why is it even about fitting in anyway, frankly that little piece of skin freaks me out but is that a good enough reason to cut it off? That's probably all that is keeping him in right now fear of circumcision! Then there is the adorable bassinet my sister-in-law lent us. We need a mattress for it the Dr OK'd the egg carton material but I went to buy some today and it was $40, seriously, we mine as well buy a whole new bassinet, but don't worry I plan on persisting on and finding somewhere that sells by the yard instead of a delux queen size pad. I just feel incapacitated without the internet to look up stores and call them and I am too tired and Salt Lake is not shopper friendly everything is spread apart and I live by nothing. On a good note I was able to find the matching book end for Hudson's books and I ordered this adorable print for his nursery. Sadly it is coming from London so I had to pay $2.00 extra for shipping but really totally worth it if you ask me. Anyway I think I got most of my ranting out except for the huge black bumble bee trying to nest by our window, that is freaky! Oh and really what is the deal with my cravings, early on it was all healthy food, now all I want is chocolate, candy, and ice cream. I've still managed to eat healthy but I've added desert between every meal somebody help me! Damask Elephant  - Fine Art Print

2 comments:

  1. Liz, I love this post. This is exactly how I am feeling too! Oh the thoughts of a pregnant woman as that due date draws closer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so totally normal, just so you know! ;) Pregnancy brings so many things to worry about and think about! I remember last time around throwing a fit that it was dusty on top of the kitchen cabinets and I couldn't get up to clean them because my tummy was in the way. (Please don't go check yours - it will always be upsetting - who ever cleans up there anyway!) I'm pretty sure there were more reasons than that, because it my mind the baby couldn't possibly live in a house THAT dirty... but in reality that was all it took to throw me off. And comments to pregnant women - REALLY people - when will they learn to shut their mouths. I'm only 16 weeks pregnant right now and my mother-in-law asks every time I see her, or I stand up, or I sit down, or I cook a meal, etc "how I'm feeling" with this look like she thinks I have a terminal disease. Seriously. If I felt sick, I'd be barfing in the bathroom so PLEASE stop asking. And no matter how good people say we look, we will always just feel like a hippo. Wow - I really am pregnant - your rant turned into a rant of my own too. But just so you know, you're not alone and little things really do matter!

    ReplyDelete