background

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 1 Maternity Leave


Today was kind of productive depending on how you look at it. I cooked 2 whole meals, uh exercised and watched lots of cooking shoes kind of, I also made brownies and attended the neighborhood book club. Not sure what I did the rest of the day. Oh yes I talked on the phone a lot. Here is my food, I should probably get a fancy camera and learn how to take better pictures if this becomes a habit.
Pumpkin Pie Pancakes:
Mix:
1 cup of whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
sprinkle of nutmeg
1 Tbsp- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
Mix:
3/4-1 cup pumpkin
1-2 eggs
1/2 cup of milk
1/3 cup of canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
Combine and cook on preheated medium-low to medium skillet, these take a while but are so worth it especially with whipped cream

Dinner I was clearly feeling my Greek Blood when this popped out
Mizithra Pasta:
brown 1-3 cloves of diced garlic in
4 or more Tbs of Irish Butter
add package of cooked whole grain pasta and
Mizithra cheese, I used some I found at Fresh Market but Whole Foods offers better tasting cheese

Tomato Cucumber Salad:
4 Roma Tomatoes
1/2 cucumber
olive juice from Costco Kalameta olives (red wine vinegar and olive oil I believe)
oregeno
chop, pour, mix= yum

fried zucchini:
dip zucchini in egg and then Italian bread crumbs, fry in olive oil over medium head, flip when browned and than place on paper toweled plate.

I would post my brownie recipe but there were none left to photograph so you will have to wait, it's one I developed in order to get my father to eat sweets, he never did before mwhaha, but one day I brought him these and ever since he would kindly hint that it would be ok if I brought him some brownies when I visited, it's mainly cocoa and butter, I heard cocoa induces labor and wanted to bring something to share at book club, perfect combo.

I also had an insightful day reading The Book of Mormon, I finally realized that Laman and Lemuel they didn't have to come along, for those not familiar with The Book of Mormon there is an accounting of a family who is commanded by God to leave Jerusalem before it is destroyed. The whole family goes but Laman and Lemuel are these 2 brothers who are always whining about their riches and all that they left behind. They are continually smacked into shape as they have Heavenly visitations and then they beg for forgiveness and do OK for a while. Anyway I used to always think of these two as just really bad people but then it hit me they didn't have to go, if they were really bad they would have probably just stayed in Jerusalem, anyway so they were people who just continually questioned God, questioned their previous spiritual experiences, and complained a lot. It really motivates me to just walk forward with faith! Once I've made a choice especially when I have thought it over and prayed about it and felt led and guided by God, not to look back or to worry, murmur or wonder, you make your own life and you can't live in the past or wondering what if or with regrets, if you know the choice you made was the best you could move forward and move forward in Faith trusting God! Living this way always makes me feel happy. I remember when I felt to move from Colorado to Utah things didn't go exactly as I planned and I occasionally wondered if I was just stupid or what, tuition was more expensive, nobody knew my name, I gained 3o pounds, and the guy I had been dating ended up treating me like crap. I remember taking comfort in The Book of Mormon through this time and knowing there was a reason I was there but there were times I wondered. Eventually I made friends, the weight came off and I met my husband, none of it was what I expected but it was all so much better! Anyway I hope you enjoyed my Book of Mormon moment, walk forward in faith and don't look back!

No comments:

Post a Comment