background

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Change

Life has been changing at a rather frantic pace lately. First and foremost TJ was hired on for the time being to teach seminary. It has been for lack of better words a huge blessing. He is still in school and this is his student teaching, he just started a year earlier than most. Once upon a time one of my sister-in-laws and I were talking late into the night and she was telling me she knew a lot of people who wanted to become seminary teachers that didn't necessarily get the job, I was thinking in my head of the aspiring rockstar her husband hoped to be, funny enough they are both looking well on there way I'm not sure if I'm surprised or not but extremely overjoyed that they are both succeeding and doing what they both love. Kind of envious too but I've never been entirely sure about what I wanted out of life but to be a wife and mom so I'm living my dream too it just doesn't have an occupation title. Although it would be pretty cool to be a dietitian someday or an Ironwoman, the later sounds more appealing and fun, plus you don't even need a degree to call yourself a Nutritionist and apparently my mom thinks that is what I graduated in and tells everyone so. This new job has brought a new feeling in our home. One of gratitude but also of Christ as we are always trying to discuss ways he can really teach a lesson to bring these kiddos closer to Christ. A new schedule has also taken place, it seems between the two of us within the 24 hours in a day someone is always awake, good practice for parenthood I guess. Obviously the biggest change we are looking forward to is becoming parents, for the rest of my life I will be concerned for another person's welfare, for many years doing for him what he can't do for himself and we want a few kids so this will probably go on for at least a decade maybe this will keep me from worrying so much about everyone else. At work I always get in trouble for being in everyone's business but it's not like I go around gossiping it's just because I care and work is boring and people are great! Today I spent some time at the Huntsman Cancer center, don't worry I don't have cancer but I had to do some testing there to make sure, we'll just say pregnancy causes some funny things. That place gives you such an interesting perspective, most of the people are old some are kids but most of them are fighting cancer and I was really overwhelmed with how much I take my health for granted. I had this concerning bump for about two months before I even started to think I should tell my Dr., TJ actually forced me to because I was sure it was nothing and didn't really want to know if it was. When I drove into the underground parking the weather was OK by the time I got to the 3rd floor there was an ugly dark storm outside with stuff flying though the air. I went in there not willing to accept that I might possibly have cancer but as I looked at all the faces around me I realized they probably felt the same way and that this little bump in me could change my whole life, kind of like the other bigger bump in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment