background

Monday, April 25, 2011

30 weeks


Picture is from 29 1/2 weeks, this was an ugly old coffee table that we have had all my life as can be seen, my brother wrote his name Michael, then I copied him and wrote elizabeth A. and my sister copied us both. I loved laying under that table as a kid and am sad to get rid of it but as my brother put it, who has room for a tacky coffee table?
30 week update
The Bump:
I think he's getting crowded because most times I feel him I can actually feel a limb or something. However he has some weird habits. For example I didn't feel him move much for 2 days. I started to worry when I woke up one morning at about 5, than he started to move non stop till 5am the next morning, no I am not kidding and then after that he went back to his sporadic movements. I hope this isn't indicative of his future sleeping habits. Now he is kicking the laptop resting on my side, he's still possessive of his space and or likes to make contact with the outside world. My next appointment is Thursday where I get to see him again wohoo!
Food:
Cravings- anything lemon and watermelon, I went to Costco for a couple things and forgot a cart and was surprised/excited to see that watermelon was out, I contemplated carrying the watermelon to the front but I knew that it would cause others around me even greater discomfort than it would for me carrying it. I spotted an abandonded cart but then noticed some men nearby I watched and waited and they indeed carted their watermelon away in it. So finally I decided to go for the mini seedless 2 pack of watermelons. I think I might need a watermelon break right now!
Aversions- still staying away from Asian food!
Fashion:
My flowered motherhood maternity shirt maybe I will pose in that, my orange T also from motherhood and a white Old Navy T that I bought before I knew I was pregnant I was probably like 1 week or something, anyway I was thinking I hope to be pregnant this summer and trying it on and thinking my tummy will never fill that out but oh it does! Pants I like lounging in stretchy gauchos and actually put on some skinny jeans that I just bought up a couple sizes when I couldn't fit in mine in month 4 they still fit and they fit my legs better then my maternity skinny's but I usually unbutton and resort to the rubber band after a couple hours. Two weeks ago I picked out my easter outfit for church I have this yellow skirt that is huge it fit 2 weeks ago, this Sunday I went to put it on and no such luck zipping so I am now down to one brown stretchy dress and some stretchy skirts.
Best Moment:
While subbing in the nursery for an hour on Sunday 2 kids started screaming and crying when I left, one was a little girl who entered crying jumped from her dad's arms to mine and than followed me around the rest of nursery, the other one of my friends son's who always gives me the biggest smiles and made sure I was watching him the whole time by popping his head in front of mine every few seconds saying Hi! It made me feel like hey kids like me!
Sleep:
I am sleeping pretty well, I usually don't even get up to pee, bladder of steel I know! However the day Hudson was moving from 5am till 5am I had to get up and eat oatmeal at 5am both mornings. Oh yes and we are calling him Hudson for now. I also keep waking up on my back and feeling oh so good and oh so guilty!
What I miss:
Being able to get up quickly, sit comfortably, lay on my stomach, the Wasatch Back (I made the mistake of reading Runners World on Friday), knowing what size clothing I can expect to fit in for special occasions.
Looking forward to:
Meeting our son! Assembling the nursery, I still haven't assembled the nursery, but I have been fabric shopping!
Symptoms:
legs feeling heavy while running, usually only on Monday mornings, today I finally experienced a tiny heartburn, and I got some creepy rash on my shoulder and arm yep all today, hoping it's just something I touched, not measles or shingles or something worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment