background

Sunday, April 10, 2011

28 Weeks


The clock is ticking!!! Technically I have less than a third to go but for some reason according to my Dr the third trimester starts now!! I've heard the 3rd trimester described as, for those of you who played the original Mario Bros, when you are running out of time and the music speeds up. Maybe I'll add that to my blog soundtrack. Anyway I think of how when I was little I used to wake up in the middle of the night and think someday I'll be married, now I wake up in the middle of the night knowing that really before I know it I will have a baby. I have dreams of forgetting to feed him and worrying about him and dreams of I'm in labor wait isn't this supposed to hurt. I'm copying a friend and categorizing my pregnancy for fun.
The Bump:
Our baby has his really active moments now where he stretches across and I'll feel him poking out opposite sides, I've only caught my stomach protruding once, it seems when I watch he likes to stop. Also I won't feel him for quite some time but then I'll rest my arm on my bump and he will punch or kick it without fail. He really likes his bubble I guess and considers it his, but that's ok with me I still think it's fun. He also still really reacts to loud talking and vibrating music like organs as well as some more upbeat songs. He only measured a week ahead at our last appointment he probably just wasn't laying straight out like he liked to before.
Food:
Cravings-Food wise I can only eat what sounds good this weeks it's been spring mix salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese, hard boiled eggs and ranch, croutons sound good too but I haven't mustered up the will power to buy any. I usually crave meat like chicken or pork tenderloin or steak yum and potatoes. I love yogurt before bed or graham crackers with almond butter. Aversions- French fries from Wendy's, thinking of the smell of these, Cup O' Noodles, and cabbage all make me sick blah yuck. I blame this on my early pregnancy and Formosa which made me feel so sick, blah, I think they gave us food poisoning, since that dreadful night every time I drive by and have the strength in my gag reflex to look it says closed. A year before I loved them. Also salt I can't stand salt which is probably good for my blood pressure which has remained around 108/60 I think, which is pretty healthy but I am still running as well.
Maternity clothes:
My Old Navy skinny jeans are probably my favorite although the panel seems to cut in the middle of the bump sometimes kind of strange. I have some roll up cargo pants from motherhood that are probably my favorite when it chooses to be more spring like. I quite often find myself in a complete non-maternity outfit which makes me laugh it really is true that with some leggings and empire cut clothing you can make it with out. I find myself in the same few outfits both maternity and non that are comfy and flattering.
Best Moment this week:
TJ and I were praying together and right when TJ prayed for our baby he gave me a soft nudge, not his usual thump it was like hey I'm here for family prayer.
Sleep:
He moves and shifts the most when I lay down at night and when I switch sides. I always sleep really well. Sometimes I wake up on my back forgetting I'm pregnant and oh it feels so good.
What I miss:
Not having to practically dislocate my hips to bend over and put on some boots. Running fast and hard. My waistline, I still think it's there sometimes till I look down.
Looking forward to:
Making the baby nursery corner!!!
Symptoms:
One night and morning I could hear my heart pulsing like a machine in me ear, this is normal I guess when your blood flow increases, luckily that stopped!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment