background

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

2.5 weeks!

That's how far ahead the bump is measuring! I didn't gain a single once from my last visit but our boy is now measuring 2.5 weeks ahead of schedule! My gestational diabetes test came back negative actually pretty low 64 they don't consider it diabetes til it hits around 100. My blood pressure measured 110/70, my hematocrit levels dropped 4 pts from a 40 to a 36 but I'm still above anemic! What does this mean??? Well we have another ultrasound scheduled to find out. Granted he has been measuring 2 weeks ahead the whole time but they will not change my due date and this is a Connolly after all they run pretty tall!
My current speculations are:
  • he is indeed a big boy like his dad
  • I really am 2 weeks ahead not everyone ovulates when the scientific calender says they do
  • he was laying stretched out as I could feel a head or bottom sticking out of my side during the appointment and he really does "stretch out" after I run and I had run just before the appointment
  • I'm such a healthy eater that he is metabolizing everything into solid muscle mass (probably not but I can speculate whatever I want right)
  • twins!! haha
Online answers include
  • diabetes- ruled out
  • maternal weight gain- I have gained 30 pounds already, I probably shouldn't share that but I still can gain 5 more and be considered normal so ehhh
  • too much fluid- rare
  • genetics- I'm going with this one!
Regardless I can't wait to see my chunky monkey again!

1 comment:

  1. Ultrasounds are so exciting... you get to see the little miracle inside you and anticipate all the fun things, like his personality and all the cute things babies do! I'm getting a little teary-eyed just thinking about it. So exciting! I hope everything continues to go well. 143

    ReplyDelete