background

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bewildering looks and it's a Boy!!!!!!




For the 13 of my followers who guessed boy you were right!!! For the rest of us, well many of us were fooled. The Andreadakis' always grow equally but ours was the odd one so there was really no knowing. Our ultrasound was really fun everything looks great, when we zoomed in on his face he had his hand above his head his mouth open and was waving at us. He also seems really obsessed with his mouth as he kept putting his fingers in it and touching it. TJ spotted his boy parts before the technician did. I almost said "it might be the umbilical chord" but my mind was quickly settled as both came into clear view. We are excited, he will have lots of boy cousins within about a year radius to grow with as well as many friends. Our neighbors and friends upstairs just had a baby boy last week. Luckily I bought the green houndstooth carseat and not the girly one phew. Both times we went stroller shopping he was doing backflips and kicks, he is really excited about his stroller! It's funny to think that we spend more on the little guy than ourselves and we haven't even officially met him and neither of us seem the least bit bothered.

For the week of the ultrasound our son has decided to make himself known in more ways than the ultrasound as I now have a rather large bump. Most people at work know I'm pregnant, but it's not something you walk around telling everyone, so it's fun to see some faces click that used to stare bewildered at my middle, and it's even more akward when people still stare bewildered at my middle when I'm talking to them, maybe I should get one of those shirts and wear it for a week or two that says something to the effect that "I'm pregnant!"

None the less I'm excited to have a boy I always dreamed of having 6 boys and 1 girl, I had 2 older brothers and 1 little non-dramatic sister, so I really wanted to avoid all the backstabbing emotional drama I saw in women around me. Plus girls are usually princessy and tomboy which adds up to expensive, boys you buy 3 t-shirts and you have to convince them to change after they play ball. Through my nannying days, my mission, my schooling, and chuch service all involved quite heavily with women I decided I finally really understood women and am much better with girls and should have one of those first, well here goes nothing, what I have gathered about boys:
  • smile at them and be really happy to see them so they know you love them
  • feed them
  • balls and wrestling
  • make them laugh
and that's about it, I'm convinced. If you have any suggestions please feel free.

2 comments: