background

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Solids!!!!!




Hudson is truly 5 months today! I guess it goes by their actual birthday versus how many weeks he is. For his 5 month birthday we had solids and went to the Zoo.
He had his 4 month appointment yesterday at 4months and 30 days he weighed in at
18 lbs 9 oz
and measured 27" long. He averages about the 90% or about the size of an 8 or 9 month old.
He becomes more and more aware everyday as well as he is becoming more and more dexterous (he actually grabbed his spoon with both his hands to try and feed himself, he will also pick up his jingle toys and jingle them to entertain himself). He has an awesome sense of humor and already is finding ways to make us laugh such as the pacifier spitting and growling. He is so fun to be with and I often find myself realizing that he is growing up so fast. I fear if I too many chores while he is awake he will grow up before I'm done. So the laundry piles unfolded and the dishes unwashed in the sink, but we have fun, and all those things stay there till he takes a nap or goes to sleep at which time I tackle them because I am a neat freak!

Sadly my phone died right after I took a picture of this tortoise he is about 4 feet long amazing!!! Hudson watched him walk around. He also really noticed some monkeys, the giraffes, some smaller swimming turtles, and felines. Basically if they moved Hudson was interested.

Hudson ate his first solids today of rice cereal. We started with some white rice someone had gave us, it smelled kind of gross to me and had previously been opened. So I accidentally happened upon the organic baby food isle. My nutrition-loving self found baby brown rice cereal and whipped some up for him. It smelled good and nutritious. I also did some research when I got home and basically white rice is fortified sugar or as one researcher went so far to say, fortified soda-pop. We will be sticking with the brown rice for now. The same researcher believes white rice leads to childhood obesity.

No comments:

Post a Comment