background

Thursday, November 3, 2011

He can sit up who knew?




Today I had a play date with my old roommate and missionary companion Lily, this is what resulted.
As you can see Hudson was having so much fun that when I called his name this is the look he gave me in the second pic of the two. We also discovered Hudson can sit up, really all this development in 2 days, I keep expecting him to walk out of the room now and say "mom" in a deep post pubescent voice, I've always imagined that actually. After TJ leaves for work at night I always imagine Hudson walking out of the room and then I remember he is in his crib and he can't escape.
This is me showing TJ, TJ didn't believe me that Hudson can sit up on his own and he isn't even leaning on me and yes those are my slippers, and yes he can stay like that for a long time!

Lily lives by the capitol so we meandered down to Temple Square our old stomping grounds. We watched the new Special Witnesses of the newest apostles. It made me think about sacrifice. I'm a spoiled princess, I sacrifice little, I have all the clothes and shoes I could ever want, more than I can ever use, I have the latest technology, etc. Maybe not a home or the latest furniture but I'm sure it will come with time. I don't feel like I need to sacrifice those things. The biggest thing I feel to sacrifice is my time spent on those things and turn them to others. Granted I spend most of my day caring for the little adorableness and my hunk but I can do better. I want to do better, I want to look outside of myself more.

We also ran into some sister missionaries one was brand new from South Africa and one was from North Carolina about to head home, if I'm guessing right. They asked if it was our first time there which we responded with a polite laugh. I felt the Holy Ghost as we talked with each other. The new sister was telling me how she couldn't feel the Spirit anymore on Temple Square, she didn't know if she was doing something wrong or what, to which I could testify speaking from personal experience "it's here I feel it, sometimes you just get used to it, but if you seriously mess up or get away from it you will notice the absence of it, but it is here" the other sister and I talked about life after the mission, she is afraid of being weird when she gets home, both Lily and I were a little overly boy crazy when we got home (in our defense we had spent 18 months with just women, you would be too) so I told her that, hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment