background

Monday, August 16, 2010

Jack Johnson

So about a month back I casually or not so casually dropped hints to TJ such as "look at that billboard Jack Johnson is coming August 13th", and "you know Jack Johnson is the only person I would pay to see", finally in desperation I put the ticket site on the front of our computer to which TJ said "who is that, is that what Jack Johnson looks like?" YES! YES! I answered and repeated the above hints, I know I should know after a year and eight months that guys don't take hints. Finally I came home Friday night exhausted the only thing that sounded good was to relax and listen to Jack but I had just resigned till next year and told myself I would buy better tix ahead of time. Then TJ said "let's go", I shed a tear of joy. Jack goes back to my days of Ben Harper I loved Ben Harper but then somehow around "I Always Have to Steal My Kisses" and "Bubble Toes" I crossed over and sorry Ben, never went back. I have so many good memories with Jack. When the "On & On" album first came out I was staying in a hostile right on the beach of San Diego, I remember them playing the album for the first time as the sun was setting and "Rodeo Clowns" came on and then the shore sounds of "Symbol in My Driveway" mixed with the real sounds of the shore. I remember dreaming of my future with the album "In between Dreams", waiting till midnight to download "Sleep through the Static". After my mission Jack was the only music I could listen to.... and then this year I was having my worst day at work ever and got sent home, well I asked if I could go first but then when one of my managers kept accusing me of doing something wrong that I really innocently had done not knowing it was wrong he sent me home, I went and ate lunch with Heather pictured above and bought the newest Jack Johnson cd, what a good day after all. I ran most of the Wasatch Back to the latest album. I love Jack's idealistic nature I feel we are cut out of the same mold. Anyway he was AMAZING live, he has a great talent in vocal, guitar, and lyrics. He did some cool mixups too like playing Bubble Toes to the tune of Steal My Kisses, that Steve Miller Band Song and all my favorites well they pretty much all are my favorites. His very last song was Angel, TJ learned that song for me, one day while we were dating he said he was praying for an angel and God told him he already had one, I told him Jack had a song about that and he learned it and played it for me all the time, along with the Ben Harper but that's about a dyeing person.



3 comments:

  1. oh, i'm so glad you guys were able to come! we really had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. who's writing in Chinese on my blog??? I translated them

    Comes up to stroll, steps on a footprint to you

    You cannot resolve the life length, but you may check its width

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did too, glad we all love Jack and sorry I've been sketch this weekend, lets get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete