background

Monday, August 16, 2010

The Coconut Cake I'll never make again

As you can see I made a traditional coconut cake well I neglected to take a picture because the frosting was like marshmarshmallow (yes that's how I say marshmallow) and it just dripped down the sides. One nephew said it was the best cake ever!!! So I learned coconuts have eyes kind of creeps, especially since you poke them out and drain them. I also learned that a coconut is neither a fruit, a nut or a seed, but fibrous one-seeded drupe. A drupe is a fruit with a hard stony covered enclosed seed like a peach or olive. Anyway, I started this at 11pm hoping to have it ready for my lil'sisters baby shower, she is supposed to pop on Saturday poor thing! After you drain the coconut you hammer it for EVER at first it makes a high panging noise and then it turns into a deeper noise and then you hear cracks pretty cool. Luckily the people who live above us were out of town. I would like to admit that I am coconut obsessed and still looking for a better coconut recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment