background

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

the summer of my 27th year!

So TJ asked me if I could do anything this weekend what would I do, I answered watch the fireworks at Grand Lake, and he said, let's go! So we did! We phone my step-mom who happened to be visiting Denver and they let us stay in their cabin on Mt Evans, just off the I-70 in the Arapaho National Forest. It's actually the highest 14er in CO and the highest paved road in the US. In case you were wondering.





























We picked up the key Saturday night and I took TJ to down town Denver at about 11 to see real city life. Little did we know that we would not only smell like the bumbs we saw that night but by the end of the trip but also come home to find one living in the abandoned house's garage next door to us that looks into our basement apartment. Luckily we were well prepared as we had searched the cabin in the middle of the night with axes to make sure there were no hermits in the cabin upon our arrival. If you read the blue bull is says Colorado has an average of 300 days of sunshine that's more than FL or CA. If you suffer from seasonal affective disorder I highly recommend CO. It also has more parks than any other state, I love you Colorado and please don't you ever forget it. I also found it interesting that I forgot to take my allergy medicine up there and didn't wake up with my usual sneezing fit, but don't worry the minute I crossed the UT border they were back. I also photographed the classiest McDonald's I've ever seen and just might have to get those faucets for my own house one day. The Columbines were in full bloom up on Mt Evans. On Sunday Nancy and her fam came up the cabin for a BBQ and then Tee and I headed down or up North to Grand Lake my most favorite place for fireworks!!!!! The fireworks are actually launched from a barge that looks like it's on fire. The fireworks reflect over the water and right ontop of you, TJ and others even got hit by pieces of firework, he brought it home as a momento. The boomb echoes off the mountains that surround the lake, oh man I love it! A golden retriever snuggled up to me before the fireworks, her name was Bailey and I think her owner was jealous, she said this is HER dog more than any other dog she's ever had and I should consider it a compliment I didn't even have food. Anyway her daughter another golden named Anna is hopefully pregnant and I want one of her puppies!! This dog sold us on her grand baby, she had the best character, was really smart, beautiful and super soft even after swimming in the stream all day!!!! The next day we slept in and hiked/ran around the cabin and rediscovered some of my favorite childhood bridges and spots, I wish we had a week to spend up there!!! I love that place!

No comments:

Post a Comment