background

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Girls Camp












Last week I was able to attend my church's girl camp as an activity chair person. I LOVE girls camp. Being away from the hub bub of the world and out in nature is so refreshing. It was a perfect setting, the weather was great, nice, breezy and cool at night, a few hours of heat during the middle of day which necessitated a dip in the lake! Canoe rides with sweet tinkling Beehive voices singing brought little tears to my eyes, I miss being that sweet innocent little beehive, it's one of the most beautiful things! I really felt at home at girls camp, just like when I was in girls camp as a young woman. I adored every woman up there especially my committee TJ was mopey without me so I asked him to pick me up and the missionary couple that watches over the camp told us to enjoy the property and lock it up on our way out. TJ and I had canoes, lakes, ziplines, and rope swings all to our self on this chunk of property up east of Heber, it was so peaceful and gorgeous, I wouln't be opposed to my own mountain estate! I also forgot to mention that my previous post on life was further reinstated. We were over getting speakers for the young women. The topic was over coming trials with Christ. We thought of many of my favorite women. One of the them is actually my grandmother in law, and while I love her dearly and look up to her, I thought there is no way that she can relate to this topic she has never had to work a day in her life she probably didn't even have to get a real degree from college. But I felt good about her as a speaker and thought well maybe this is what some girls need. As she spoke she talked of how her husband had been hit by a car never fully returning to himself. She had to go out and be the breadwinner and that is when it hit me that she is so amazing not because she lived a "perfect" life whatever that is, but because she has been refined and strengthened through her trials. Really you can not judge anyone, I mean it!!! Same with our happy bubbly camp leader, she worked the night shift full time while her husband had heart problems for 15 years. And another woman I look up to on our committee her husband quit his stable job to work for himself so he could have more time. These are all women I admire very much, women of great faith and I always just assumed that they must have the "perfect" life otherwise why else would they be so great and happy! Anyway, my understanding and love has grown for all men and for my trials. That's why we are here, if you don't want them you came to the wrong place, by coming to earth because this is a place where we learn and grow by our trials and by coming closer to Christ. One of the speakers showed this you tube video I will have to post, it's not only funny but relates to the topic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYMdPQ0IGnQ&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment