background

Monday, July 19, 2010

Bear Lake/ Idaho

This weekend Teej and I headed to Bear Lake. Our friend Ted and Marrissa invited us up and when I realized it was only 2ish hours away we packed up and headed out the door! We arrived after dark, tried one of the famous raspberry shakes, which I was disappointed in and started to look for a camp spot. We decided to head up South Eden Rd as a sign indicated camping, we drove and we drove and we found a shooting range so we drove some more and found a big open meadow. I heard a stream nearby, noted the short grass, and a cow pie, and knew we were in a cows feeding ground, but we didn't see any cows, so I assumed they must have moved them for the season. Occasionally we heard a big animal move around through the night and I just prayed it wasn't a moose. Sometime in the middle of the night a large white truck honked at us spun around and drove off, not sure what that was all about. The air was the perfect temperature for sleeping and we had a nice air mattress under the stars. I finally stopped worrying about the "moose" around sunrise, and a moment later we woke to the large animal noises again and this:
Those 2 kept coming closer looking around and then coming a little closer. Eventually after all their curiosity was filled or maybe they got scared they high tailed it out of there.

No comments:

Post a Comment