background

Friday, May 4, 2012

I want Ambien

I realized when taking this picture that I spend more than a third of my life in my PJ's and probably another third in my workout clothes.  I don't think I am going to buy regular clothes for a long time.

It seems that I should have stuck zelously with the missionary schedule of going to bed at 10:30 every night.  However after living the single life and always having something fun to do 10:30 was out the window soon after.  Now I am a sleep deprived mom, I can't sleep when I'm tired or ever more than 6 hour increments.  Granted I really don't notice till someone asks me something that I know I know but it won't come out. 

When Hudson was first born the nurses had to turn off the lights after me being up for something like 48 hours to make me go to sleep, I was just wired, and you know those early months you don't sleep much.  After he started sleeping I started partying all night just to get some time to myself.  Now I am so tempted to get some Ambien and start taking it at 10 every night, wear some ear plugs, Huds sleeps through the night, but TJ wakes up at 4:30 for work and it seems if I happen to sleep through his alarm Hudson wakes up at 5.  I really don't notice it except for when I talk to people I seem rather brain dead and can't pull up facts and things I know quite well.  Also some days my running sucks and I blame it on sheer exhaustion, I usually fall asleep after 11.  Well before I get the Rx I'm going to try and read in bed till 10:30 hopefully I have the self control to close my book.  I'm reading The Host,  I know another book made into a movie, but a friend handed it to me and told me to borrow it, how could I resist!  Plus she moves in June so I gotta get finished I'm only 300 pages into it and I think it's about 700. 

1 comment:

  1. andreadakis! you look fabulous...and i know how u feel about sleep. you'll sleep once the kids are out of the house!

    ReplyDelete