background

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Temple Square









This Christmas season I was able to visit my old stomping grounds four times, I just can't get enough! While that statement is true, the first was with TJ and one of his mission companion's and his adorable girlfriend, the second time was with the young women, the third time TJ and I had done a quick trip to the temple and got out at 5:27 the lights come on at 5:30 and my brother Mike from CA just happened to be there however it was a crazy nut house so we went again with them this week. While I have a treasured memory and miracle of nearly every square inch of Temple Square, looking back at Christmas time is always a blur. I remember hearding masses of people up to the Christus, taking lots of pictures for people and talking to lots of church members and sleeping well every night. I'll have to go through my old journals and look up some seasonal memories. I do remember my first day as a missionary from the MTC was Christmas Eve, it was unseasonably warm and I remember taking people through the family display and passionately talking about the restoration with the zeal of a new missionary. That's all I got for now. PS we found this house up on 18th Ave with enough snowmen, mangers, and santas for all of Christmas St, probably all of Sugarhouse. We were telling scary stories and said now what would be creepy is if there was a guy sitting in the middle of all this, just then I looked in the garage and there was a man sitting there, who then walked out gave us candy canes and told us scary stories about the old Shriner's hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment