background

Friday, February 15, 2013

What our Vday looked like



I started the day with one of my favorites Fruit Stew
Running late to dance class shirt is on backwards, spike-lee bun oh and there is the baby hello there!




TJ snuck this in the night before ahhh


then this guy woke up with a high fever :-(


after a nap during the The Tigger Movie we drugged Huds with ibuprofen and went to Qdoba where he ate ran and danced


this is a mid week shopping run, I promise we eat healthier than it looks, Huds threw a ball in when we weren't looking


So this was my Valentine's Day.  After a whirlwind to get dad to work on time Huds and I had both slept in and were a little out of it.  Thinking he was just tired we went to the gym for our normal routine.  When I picked him up from the kid center he ran to me with open arms, normally he just keeps playing, occasionally I get a hug or a smile, thinking he was tired from the late night and no nap the day before I put him down for a nap.  He zonked.  I had errands to run etc so after 3 1/2 hours I woke him up.  He really didn't seem ready to wake up so I put him back to bed noticing he had a fever.  A couple hours later he woke up when I checked on him.  He refused to do anything but snuggle so after some books we watched The Tigger Movie where we both zonked out till dad took a picture of us.  Then we woke up and I clocked Huds at 102* so I gave him some ibuprofen.  30 mins later regular Huds was back and since it was past dinner time we decided to take advantage of Qdoba's buy one get one free for a kiss deal.  Yep that pretty much sums it oh and we bought some ice cream at the grocery store.  

It got me thinking about love.  How you love someone so much more when you've gone through the hard times together.  I think of little Huds, those exhausting first few months, the nights I couldn't sleep worrying if he was breathing or going deaf or whatever my mind conjures in the middle of the night when my son has a fever and I'm afraid to leave him sleeping by himself.  Same with TJ and I, during times of sacrificing for each other and putting each other first, we grow together the most.  How realizing you would do absolutely anything for someone else at your own expense and not think twice makes you love them even more.  Funny thing isn't it?

1 comment: