background

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Playacar














I'm quite forgetful these days which for those who really know me is quite a shocker because I never forget anything. So before I ftorget what happened on our vacation I will document it here if it bores you look at the pictures and move on, but for me it will be a treasured memory.

Day1: We arrived to the Reef Playacar around 4pm local time. Playacar is a private community just south of Playa Del Carmen or maybe it was north but it felt south. Anyway it is super clean and no one drives in our out without checking in at the security points. We threw on our swimsuits and headed for the beach! We grabbed some virgin Pina Colada's along the way. They had all kinds of awesome beach bed canopy things which I totally snoozed on Sunday. We then ate dinner at an Argentinian resteraunt which we ate at almost every night I think we went Italian one night. TJ ate salmon every night while I tried something new every time, everything was yummy! We crashed in our beds pretty early as I had only slept 3 hours the night before and had some sinus infection thing.

Day 2: I woke up at the crack of dawn about 6am to jungle bird noises and my sinus/allergy issues had vanished into thin air thank goodness for humidity and heat! We went for a run barefoot along the beach and than ate breakfast overlooking the perfectly turquoise beach, where I discovered this awesome lady who made me an omelet of my choosing every morning. We then headed out to the beach! I'll have to admit that our bed actually 2 beds haha were rather hard and our toilet didn't flush so we got moved into a different room with the cushiest bed like 20 pillows and a jungle view. I explained to the desk we were married and would like one bed, he then explained it to his manager in Spanish which I understand and I don't think they knew I understood it was funny. Oh yes did I mention our entire resort is in a preserved jungle. We saw all kinds of new animals just at the resort the one of the cat like marsupial looking thing is a stolen image. We even held a monkey named Jessica who kept snuggling me and hissing at TJ. The beach was amazing and the sand was soft and the water was fun to play in and clean. Later that evening we walked to Playa del Carmen and caught some awesome beach pictures under the full moon. I'm ready for bed so I'll have to catch you up on the rest of the days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment