background

Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Snow Globe

Did I tell you about our wild and crazy night last night?  Last night Hudson woke up crying, he's been sleeping all the way through the night as of late, so I was a bit disoriented.  That and I had stayed up till midnight reading Homeless Bird  all in one sitting.  So I woke up to flashing lights and Hudson crying.  I immediately said "TJ, what's going on!" he woke up assuming something bad was happening.  Oh and did I mention I smelled smoke.  Yes, I smelled smoke.  So as I woke up TJ I ran looked at Hudson who was just crying in his crib and looked out our front window to see a fire truck.  I didn't see a fire, so I didn't know if I was smelling smoke from Ft Collins or New Mexico, and one of my neighbors had a wild party or what.  TJ gave Hudson a bottle and he went back to sleep.  Then just as I fell back asleep, I hear a music box play Come, Come Ye Saints, my first thought was, maybe this is what the fire truck plays at night, but I quickly remembered we weren't in UT and that wouldn't be PC anyway, I went through my brain of all Hudson's toys, nope no religious toys.  TJ than reminded me that it was our snow globe of Temple Square that hasn't played music in over a year, with the exception of a Sis Missionary who shook it and it worked about 2 months ago.  I was totally wierded out, so I went to explore the condo.  I checked little Huds and he had his blanket wrapped around his head.  Granted it was a thin, blanket, but still, I took it off and he rolled to the side, whimpered and went back to sleep.  Coincidence, I leave that up to you to decide, but I think not.

   So poor Huds is now blanket free at night.  He snuggled himself into his mattress tonight.  It's hot so it really doesn't matter.  Also my neighbor called me tonight to inform me that there really was a fire here last night.  Kind of creepy, I can't decide what is better to live around lots of people that could go up in smoke at any time.  Or to live far away from everyone where no one would be there to help.  I think I'll go with option C, far enough so the fire doesn't spread, but close enough to run over to a neighbors.

That was our night and now I must head to bed and pray we all get some safe rest tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment