background

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ask nothing from your running...., and you'll get more than you ever imagined . . .

That's from the book Born to Run, and yes I feel I was born to run, well I also feel I was born to do many other things.  Running is just something I LOVE to do.

Yesterday I went out for a 5 mile run, somewhere around mile 4 my Nike + system informed me I was running a 10 minute mile, to which I yelled, like out loud, like so everyone, even the large group of Amish in matching royal blue at the bus stop could hear me "AHHHH,  I DON'T RUN 10 MIN/MILES" and than ran a 7 min/mile home.

Today I did speed workouts at the track.  My first mile was a 6 min one, after that I got a little slower.....

I would also like to mention that my GPS system decided to not average in the last 5 years of running as of today, I think I might have hurt it's feelings.  However, it listened and now those pregnancy months are not counting against me, dragging me down whenever I look at my overall average.  All it shows is my run yesterday and today.  It feels great, actually!

I feel like a new woman, well a new runner anyway.

I used to hate doing speed workouts, but now that I see them as a ticket to becoming a better runner, something I have wanted for a long time, I love them!

I don't know why it took me so long to look into how to improve my running, all those wasted childfree years.  Oh well, I probably didn't have time to research it till I became a mom, and Hudson is pretty darn cute, and more than being a fast runner I want to be a mom, so whatev.

Also I'm really excited, I have pink running shoes.  I've always wanted bright pink running shoes but you know the shoe that fits you normally only comes in puce or tan.  Finally Asics read my mind and made me some hot pink running shoes.  Then I lost my armband and found a hot pink one on Amazon (bless you) for $16 vs the $40 I paid for the first one.   I love my life!  Not just because of my pink get up, but isn't it awesome!?

No comments:

Post a Comment