background

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Papou

By the Roaring Fork River
Maroon Bells
My 7th Grade Rendition
First Tooth!

That's right, my dad, Hudson's Papou (I'm 100% greek by blood) came to visit with his wife Nancy.  We had a wonderful time.  
Day 1: we went down to the confluence of the Colorado and Roaring Fork Rivers.  We walked to a park and pushed Hudson on the swing. 
 Day 2: We headed over to Maroon Bells.  On a side note I've wanted to go to Maroon Bells for as long as I can remember.  I actually painted a picture of them in 7th grade.  I had forgotten the name of them till a friend asked if I had been up to them since I had moved here.  I'm not going to lie, I cried when I walked up and finally saw them in real life.  To make things even better, Maroon Bells wasn't due to open till next week but due to the nice weather it was open early and due to that fact it was free!!  Normally there is an entrance fee to the park.  It was so beautiful, it made me wish I was the one who had found them and had built my home right by the lake, but I guess it's a sight that needs to be shared.  While we were picnicking we heard a loud thunderous noise followed by some cracking and then we witnessed an Avalanche!!!  Seriously I think Maroon Bells loves me as much as I love them.  On the car ride home I noticed Hudson's first tooth!  I had been thinking I saw some white under the gums for days and then wallah there it was.  He's such a sweet heart, exactly on his 10 month birthday.  Since he's gotten his tooth he's wanted to mainly eat solids, so I have to cut everything up really small.  He's a cheerio and water addict!  We finished off the day with some Charcoal Burger and homemade brownies.  Oh yes and there was a stop to DQ in there, and a wonderful rain/thunderstorm when we got home, dear Colorado how I've missed your thunderstroms, it's good to be back.
Day 3:  We did a morning trip to the Hot Springs, it rained a little on us but it didn't really bother us.  

I love my dad!  Sometimes I get really upset that my parents were divorced and I wonder at what might have been, how I would have been different and how our family and our relationships would be different, but then I remember I have my dad, and I love him and he loves me and I'll always be his little girl, even if I didn't grow up the way I wished I had.  I'm grateful for the added importance it's given me on my own family and making it the best possible!  You only get one life, now is the time you have to make the most of your relationships, don't wait for tomorrow, because you just might run out of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment