background

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Life is a Gift

Lately I've been thinking about what really matters.

Like the cherry blossoms, I always think of my mission at Temple Square, where I enjoyed two Springs.  If you've never seen the Cherry Blossoms well they are gloriously beautiful but dissapear within a weeks time, usually by some snow or a gust of wind.  They really help me see the importance of this life.  Life is so temporary!  This pic really does not do it justice. 













 So I stole these form this blog, thanks Sister Beller!

I am able to choose to do whatever I want with my minutes, hours, years, my life.  My life, that was given to me by God.  I want to meet Him face to face at the end of my life with a clear conscience, I know I will fail and that's why it's so important to rely on Christ, but man we have to try our hardest to learn, to grow, to really mean it!

The biggest things I really want out of life:
my family
to know God better than I did before I left His presence to come to Earth, feeling pretty far as of late
to love and serve all mankind

I think that's it, pretty simple but not so simple at the same time.

I think it's interesting how little things in our lives can become all consuming and block out what really matters.  Part of me does this on purpose because if I were to overcome this thing that I rather enjoy and isn't really bad(it's just not taking me to my goals), I'm afraid of what I might be hit with.

I want to live the "picture perfect" life, have a beautiful family, life in a beautiful home, have our kids bring their families to see us, serve more missions.   I'm afraid of what I will face, but I know if God brings you to it, He will get you through it.  I feel like our greatest trials are never what you expect though.  They usually sneak up on you until you realize what you are being tempted with or doing is not what you want to be doing!  Anyway I'm glad I've had some time to reevaluate. 


Yep that's me as a missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment