background

Monday, March 26, 2012

Running Nirvana!


Today was a most perfect day! TJ, Hudson, and I ran over to the pool for some swimming, obviously, well actually mostly to play with Hudson in the water and let him kick his little legs around! After we rolled into the supposed best burger place Charcoal Burger, but the line was so long we decided to try tomorrow. I did a quick grocery run, sans baby, thank you dear husband.

When I got home he even had little Huds asleep, so I went for a 5 mile run, somewhere around mile 4 this euphoric tingling took over my body, every piece of negative energy released, I felt like throwing my hands up in the air and singing, this almost happened once before on the treadmill last month but it was more of a dizzy feeling, this was amazing. I have been a runner for 23 years if you count the mile run in elementary school and I feel like I hit running Nirvana!
I would like to thanks Saucony for their tanks that don't ride up and hold where they need to hold all while being cute, lululemon for preventing chafing, and also looking great, asics for shoes that feel like trampolines and squishy pillows. Most of all I would like to thank my husband for supporting me with hours of running every week and myself for always getting out there to run, through all weather conditions (including the heinous wind today) all body conditions (pregnancy, sickness, chubbiness, tiredness) and pushing myself to this point! Oh yes I can't forget my legs, I couldn't do it with out you two tough beauties!

The day was topped off with dinner with friends and seeing the stars clear and bright as well as some deer just trotting along because we live in their home, not the other way around.

In other family news, we butchered Hudson's hair, it's getting better, TJ worked on it a little more today. Hudson also found this golf ball in the bottom of TJ's closet, he tosses it around and giggles, cries when he can't get to where he batted it to, sucks on it, and never lets go of it, it's so cute!

1 comment:

  1. way to go Liz! I've always admired your skill and perserverance with running. I wish a little bit of that would rub off onto me!

    ReplyDelete