background

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

2 has me beat :(

In my entire motherhood experience, which amounts to almost 2 1/2 years I've never had a day like the last two.  I've just felt completely unfit as a mother.  Maybe it was loosing Hudson at Target or maybe it was when some officer yelled at me for leaving my kids in the car for 3 minutes (within eyesight the entire time, 20 feet away, at 50 degrees).  Maybe it was when I unknowingly left Hudson in a poopy diaper for what I can only guess was around 3-4 hours.  Maybe it started when I was a nanny and never felt like I was a good nanny.  I don't know why but being paid to watch other peoples kids just has never been good for me.  Anyway, I feel completely unfit to be a mom today and feeling that way just makes me a crappier mom.  I'm pretty sure I'll get over it tomorrow.  Hopefully.  Maybe most moms go through this more frequently, or maybe not at all, I don't know or really care but I'm ready to have my mom come stay with me.  Then maybe the laundry will be put away and maybe we will eat real healthy meals, not just whatever I could throw out on the table between two demanding children.  Maybe my floors will get vacuumed and my bathrooms, cleaned.  I surrendered to the mess but then I can't function in a messy environment.  Thank you mom!

1 comment:

  1. oh gosh, i think you are an amazing mom and really can't imagine 2 (or even 1) myself. it must be so much work! your boys are always happy which shows how hard you work :)

    ReplyDelete