background

Saturday, December 29, 2012

My 30th Trip Around the Sun



4th Orbit around the Sun with this guy!

getting ready


flank steak salad with blue cheese and french fries, pretty dang good


dinner pics


my perfect rose from TJ





Huds knealing on cue, 
11 ¶And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and afrankincense, and myrrh.


Christmas morning breakfast


Christmas run


Huds loving on baby Jesus,  I told him it was baby Jesus, he said "Jesus" and hugged him


Huds new train and hoodie

Ok so the folks were right, kind of.  When TJ and I planned a December wedding we were so in love and excited to be married as soon as possible.  Most everyone with a December wedding said, don't do it, you have to share it with Christmas and Christmas parties etc.  Well we also have to share it with my birthday and now it's my husbands busiest season at work.  They were right.  In one lonely week I had my birthday and our anniversary and then after a quick celebration over the weekend it was Christmas.  I don't regret getting married when we did, but bam I have nothing to look forward to the rest of the year.  We decided to plan a spring vacation every year instead of trying to do anything during this time of year.

Also I'm 30, when did this happen?  I don't feel 30,  sometimes when I look in the mirror,  I see a haggard tired woman and think, why do I look so eh haggard and tired, oh that's right I'm 30, not 21 like I feel inside.  This is the best it's going to be so I've got to enjoy it, but really my skin was so much more supple and fresh at 25, motherhood might have something to do with that one.  Ah well I think I have it pretty good and am not complaining just commenting on my oldness.  It's been a great 30 years and now it's time to settle down into family life and personal goals, that's what the 30's are about for me.  20's were great full of adventure and lots of crazy schoolwork, homework, finding a soulmate, etc. but I hear 30's are even better!

What I've learned the past 30 years:
1. Do what makes you happy
2. God wants you to be happy
3. Don't worry about what others think of you, it never matters
4. Relationships are all we've truly got, cherish them
5.  Taking care of your body is equally important to taking care of your brain and spirit
6.  Don't waste time on those who don't take time for you
7. Balance is key to harmony in everything
8. Eat as close to nature as possible
9. Early to bed, Early to rise
10. You can do amazing things if you want to
11.  Enjoy life now!
12.  Wear sunscreen
13.  talk to God every day
14. don't worry about yourself, you'll find much greater joy in thinking of and fulfilling others needs not your own
15. Always do what's right, no matter who is or isn't watching
16.  Happiness has nothing to do with what you own
17.  There is no time like the present to achieve what we desire
18.  TV is fun to watch but it's still a HUGE waist of time
19.  you can be whoever you want to be
20.  eat lots of yummy food you enjoy
21.  get rid of ANYTHING weighing you down, junk, sins, bad feelings etc
22.  sometimes when you are sad you just need to go to sleep and everything is better in the morning
23. less is usually more
24. get educated in something you love
25.  spend time in nature
26. appreciate and respect this beautiful Earth we live on
27. my parents are far from perfect and so am I, it's OK
28. learn from your mistakes and try not to repeat them
29. those we judge harshest are what we become, don't judge, just love
30. Love is all we need and it's always the answer

There that took me 15 minutes not bad, especially given that there was a howling dog that I was praying wouldn't wake up Hudson, now I'm going to go watch TV,  or read a book but probably watch TV, don't judge.

2 comments: