background

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Oh dear it's Feb











Wow, I kind of disappeared from the blogosphere, I kind of liked it but I have so many videos to post. Hudson is hilarious! He not only crawls but has already progressed to thinking he should stand. He climbs up people, and when I try to sit him down he straightens his legs and laughs hysterically, he hangs out with too many big kids. We also discovered him climbing up on his crib inside, so we immediately lowered it. Now he thinks it's a playpen and spends hours examining his new digs.

Here are the photo highlights of the last few weeks.

Hudson loves his daddy's ears!

I couldn't resist when I ran across Hudson's polo!

Hudson and Bighorn sheep the state animal (this is a Bachelor Pad, all male group).

Hudson wooed the ladies at the X-Games.

I'm not sure when there was ever enough snow to build this snow castle in front of Rite Aid but it's been here since we got here. It keeps getting smaller though, it's been in the 40's-50's it feels like spring most days here.

We love this small town, seems everyone wants to make good lasting quality relationships. It probably helps knowing that a. you will probably see each other again, and b. there really isn't anyone else to hang out with.
My nurse at the Drs office, Joy and I started running together, she is AWESOME and knows all the sweet trails, this place is a runner/bikers dream, every single trail is breathtaking and amazing. We ran 8ish miles the other day and I couldn't even tell because it was soooo enjoyable! Our neighbors tell us days and times when they are home and offer their help. The grocery guy takes my groceries to the car for me, and puts them in the trunk. Hudson's Dr hangs out with us and calls us to check on him (he was hoarse and I was concerned because he had been exposed to strep and mono). People just really take time for each other. It's been a bit of an adjustment, I got so used to abbreviating my stories.
On the down side, we are one of 3 people who recycle in our complex and one time I saw the trash man pick up our recycle stuff and toss it in with the trash because the recycle guy missed it.

Speaking of Aspen (X-Games) I saw that Heidi Klum was here before her recent announcement to divorce Seal. I don't think I have an ounce of envy left for famous people, sure they seem beautiful on the big screen but their lives are so sad, I always thought of Heidi as the exception, as someone who really has it all, but as far as I can see, she is just someone looking to fill some void, just like all the other famous people out there. I don't know if they are just constantly looking for the high that comes with new relationships and being adored or what, but I see beauty in commitment and family, not being drooled over on the big screen. Heidi you disappoint me!

No comments:

Post a Comment