background

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Packing up!








This past week was one of those weeks that you can not believe really happened..... My siblings and I gathered to our childhood home of 26 years packed it up, locked the doors, and hopped the sensor for the garage door on the way out. I am still in denial. When I think of all my memories there. All my childhood hopes and dreams are in that home. Some of them I have realized, some of them I wonder what happened to and how I turned out to be who I am. I think the child Liz would be proud of who I am, maybe not the teenager version though. Whenever I leave Colorado I feel like I leave my identity there, no one knows me, I have only my future to show who I am. When I am in Colorado I feel invincible, still a child in a way. Everybody knows my name and I feel loved. Colorado Springs has on average 300 days of sunshine a year compared to 237 in Salt Lake City. When the sun is shining not much can go wrong in my book. The pace of life in the suburb I grew up in is relaxed the roads are wide and rarely busy. The mountains are always a pristine blue or green. The very top of Pikes Peak, is often dusted with snow. There are hidden in every crevice of the town memories full of joy and there is truly beauty all around!

Highlights of the trip included two trips to our favorite restaurant China Village, I didn't even like Chinese food before I visited this place for the first time. We did our "grand tour" of Colorado Springs which includes statues, semi-watching, lightning watching, Garden of the Gods of course, as well as many other favorite spots of ours. I was also able to see three of my best friends over the years, Janelle, Natalie, and Stephanie. Sigh this is like a break-up . . . . Colorado Springs, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment